Since migrating to the new Photon OS based vCenter 6.5 VCSA Appliance, we’ve had issues with alerts not being sent to email.
As it turns out, there’s a problem with the internal configuration not being updated properly. VMware is aware of it and should hopefully fix it at some stage.
For now you can follow the workaround below.
To workaround the issue you can modify the mail server field twice to get it to update the sendmail configuration again after installation or upgrades such as VCSA 6.5 Update 1.
- Go to the /vsphere-client/ interface
- Home -> Hosts & Clusters -> Select the vCenter object in the left pane.
- Select the Configuration tab -> General Settings -> Click Edit -> Mail
- Modify the Mail server to something you don’t use and click OK to save.
- Go back in and put the Mail server setting back to what it was and click OK to save.
After you run the steps above you should now be able to receive email alerts from vCenter.